PRIVATE BLUE MOUNTAINS TOURS
Private Tours From Sydney To The Blue Mountains with flexible, customised itineraries!
Experience the spectacular scenery of the Blue Mountains world heritage area on-board one of our private tours from Sydney. Choose from one of the tour options below or let us customise a Blue Mountains private tour to suit you.
Blue Mountains Private Tours
On our Blue Mountains Private Tours you will experience the spectacular scenery of this world heritage listed area characterised by the area’s eucalyptus glad valleys, gorges, huge sandstone cliffs and waterfalls running over the ancient escarpment. On our Blue Mountains private tours you can visit the must see sights of the Three Sisters in Katoomba, take a guided walk in the Blue Mountains National Park, Ride the World's Steepest Incline railway at Scenic World or even venture out to Jenolan Caves.
Our knowledgeable and friendly guides will ensure that you travel at your pace and we will focus our attention on the specific things that interest the type of traveller you are. Whatever it is you are after on your Blue Mountains private tour we can customise the day to suit your preferences from any of the inclusions and extras that we offer.
Inclusions on our Blue Mountains Private Tours:
- Return transfers from your accommodation to the Blue Mountains
- Blue Mountains National Park Entry
- Bottled water
- Personalised, knowledgeable and friendly guide throughout the duration of the tour
- All groups enjoy a customised private day tour of the Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains Private Tours Pricing:
- 1-3 passengers AUD$770 total (Entry Fees to Featherdale, Scenic World will be charged in addition based on number of pax)
- 4-6 passengers AUD$840 total (Entry Fees to Featherdale, Scenic World will be charged in addition based on number of pax)
- 7-13 guests AUD$1100 total (Entry Fees to Featherdale, Scenic World will be charged in addition based on number of pax)
- 14+ Price on Request
- Entry to Featherdale is an additional $25 for adults and $17 children.
- Unlimited rides passses at Scenic World are $39 per adult and $21 per child.
Blue Mountains Private Tour Itinerary Highlights and Inclusions
Visit isolated lookouts away from the crowds
Enjoy a guided walk in the Blue Mountains National Park
Experience amazing views of the Three Sisters rock formation
Spend time strolling through the quaint village of Leura
Learn about the area's unique flora and fauna through your guide
Option to Meet Australia’s iconic animals at Featherdale Wildlife Park.
Option to include a visit Scenic World to ride the world's steepest incline railway.
Blue Mountains Private Tour Itinerary Details:
- Appreciate the true beauty of the Blue Mountains. Visit vantage points away from the main spots visited by large coach companies. Experience sweeping views of the valley as our guides share their own secret spots you.
- Visit the must see iconic landmark, the Three Sisters. A unique rock formation that sits proudly overlooking the stunning Jamieson Valley. No Blue Mountains tour is complete without seeing the Three Sisters for yourself. All of the Blue Mountains tours we operate visit this must see sight.
- Spend time in the charming village of Leura. Of all the Blue Mountains villages, Leura is considered the most beautiful. The town is centred on a shopping strip know as Leura Mall. Home to many great fashion boutiques, homeware stores, restaurants and superb coffee shops.
- The Blue Mountains National Park is home to some of the best hiking trails in Australia so let''s get out there and enjoy it! Experience the thrill of the tracks carved into the ancient sandstone cliffs, tranquil waterfalls and the unique flora and fauna of the area. Ask any of our guides and they will tell you without doubt this is the best way to experience the magic of the Blue Mountains.
- Experience Featherdale Wildlife Park. Featherdale is home to Sydney’s best Australian wildlife experience. The park’s focus is on Australia’s truly unique wildlife. Take that special photo with the koalas; hand feed the park''s friendly kangaroos and wallabies.
- Scenic World is a tourist attraction in the Blue Mountains overlooking the Three Sisters and the Jamieson Valley. It is home to 4 main attractions, the Scenic Railway, Scenic Skyway, Scenic Cableway and Scenic Walkway. The Scenic Railway is the highlight, an historic railway line originally used to transport coal/shale from the mines below the cliffs. Today it is still the steepest incline railway in the world at 52 degrees. Scenic World is always a hit for kids of any age and they always love visiting it on our Blue Mountains tours. Explore the serene temperate rainforest at the bottom of Scenic World.
- One of the main focuses on any Blue Mountains tour is to get to the very best lookouts to view the stunning beauty of the area. The Blue Mountains area is Australia's version of the Grand Canyon in the U.S.A. Take in the spectacular Blue Mountains scenery, looking out and down into valleys & canyons. Experience picture perfect views at Kings Tableland, visit the breathtaking Pulpit Rock on the Grose Valley and experience another hidden secret called Shipley Plateau. We will take you to these spots that few tourists get to see and they will not be crowded with large tourist buses.
- Take in the beautiful scenery of the Megalong Valley. This area is rich in natural beauty, including thick eucalypt forests, and spectacular sandstone cliffs. There are a number of breathtaking views which make for perfect photo opportunities.
- Enjoy an optional walk or hike in the Blue Mountains National Park. The Blue Mountains is home to some of the best hiking trails in all of Australia. Take in tranquil waterfalls, temperate rainforests and unique flora and fauna all our Blue Mountains private tours that in include a walk. All of the walks/hikes on our Blue Mountains tours are tailored to suit individual group fitness levels.
- Enjoy a meal in one of the many local villages. Speak with your guide and decide what you feel like on the day.
- Have the option of returning to the city via the Harbour. Board a Rivercat at Parramatta and enjoy a cruising up the historic Parramatta River.
Get a personalised quote on one of our blue mountains private tours customised for your group :
RECENT TRIP ADVISOR REVIEWS OF OUR BLUE MOUNTAINS TOURS
Reviewed 17th January 2017 “The bomb ”
We did two private, full day tours with James - Hunter Valley and Blue Mountains during our time in Sydney. There are a lot of tour options to these places but we would recommend Cloud 9 Tours hands down and would book another tour without hesitation. James was professional, punctual, generous, fun and personalized the tours for our preferences. The trips with James were highlights during our two week trip in Australia.
Reviewed 17th November 2016 "Fantastic Blue Mountains Tour!"
I was in Sydney for work for a limited time, and my 16-year-old son accompanied me so we could sight-see. Since my son loves to hike, I really wanted to add a visit to the Blue Mountains. James did a FANTASTIC job tailoring our day to our interests. He took us on some great hikes, to some out-of-the-way lookouts, to a spot where we could see a huge number of kangaroos in their natural habitat lounging in the sun, and a fantastic spot for lunch, and we were away from the typical tourist areas just as we asked. James was also very flexible with our pick-up in Coogee but drop-off in the CBD at the height of rush hour. Perhaps most importantly, James was really engaging, especially for my son who is quite shy. I HIGHLY recommend Cloud 9 tours; we had a great experience for a really reasonable price for a personal, two-person tour.
Reviewed 20th September 2016 "Probably THE way to see the Blue Mountains"
James is an absolutely fantastic host. He is punctual, polite and knowledgeable. If you want to avoid the crowds is this the way to see the Blue Mt. James gives you a tailor-made tour according to your wishes or his recommendations (Which I strongly suggest you'll follow). All with 1st class service. I'm totally sure that James made the Blue Mountains a lot more impressive than any coach-tour would be able to do. Including lunch in a cozy peaceful location. He made this tour a day to remember, and there is no doubt in my mind that I'll choose his company again. And even his prices are fair :)
BLUE MOUNTAINS PRIVATE TOUR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I take a tour of Blue Mountains when I am in Sydney?
Very few cities in the world have an amazing world heritage listed wilderness area on its doorstep like Sydney does with the Blue Mountains. Being only 90 minutes from the central business district (downtown) it makes perfect sense to do a Blue Mountains tour from Sydney. The scenery in the Blue Mountains is truly world class. You will see jaw dropping canyons, valleys, huge vertical sandstone cliffs and a number of beautiful waterfalls which trickle over the ancient escarpment. Doing a Blue Mountains tour is also a great way to see some of Australia’s unique flora and fauna and to get an understanding of Australia outside of the big global cities like Sydney. There are many companies that operate Blue Mountains tours from Sydney, big companies running large coaches, tour companies taking groups of about 10-25 guests and companies like Cloud 9 Tours that run private Blue Mountains tours where you will only travel with the people you choose to travel with. Enjoying a private tour of the Blue Mountains with Cloud 9 Tours means that you will fit so much more into your day, be able to travel at the pace that you wish to and have the beauty of a flexible itinerary on the day.
Is Featherdale Wildlife Park worth visiting on a Blue Mountains Private Tour ?
Featherdale Wildlife Park (Zoo) is located in western Sydney just off the main motorway that Blue Mountains tour companies will take when running tours from Sydney. This makes it a perfect stop either at the start of your Blue Mountains tour from Sydney or at the end of your tour. The park is all about showcasing Australia’s huge range of native fauna and you won't find any of the typical animals not native to Australia that you would find in zoos around the world.
If you are keen to get up close to all of Australia’s most iconic animals (koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, wombats etc.) as well as a number of species you may have never heard of before then this is the for you. The vast majority of our guests absolutely love Featherdale and if you haven’t had a chance to get up close and personal with Australia’s unique wildlife we recommend a visit there on your Blue Mountains tour. Also, we can guarantee that any children in your group will love the stop at Featherdale on their Blue Mountains tour.
What is Scenic World and should I include it in my Blue Mountains tour?
Scenic World is a major tourist attraction that the vast majority of Blue Mountains tour companies visit. It is located right in the heart of the Blue Mountains at Katoomba. Scenic World is perfectly located, overlooking the magnificent Jamieson Valley with great views of the famous Three Sisters rock formation. It's home to four attractions (Scenic Railway, Scenic Cable Way, Scenic Skyway and Scenic Walkway) all accessed from the one site.
Seeing a performance at Waradah Aboriginal Culture Centre
Waradah is an Aboriginal cultural centre at Katoomba in the heart of the Blue Mountains. Include in your Blue Mountains tour an enjoyable 20 minute performance which covers a number of areas of aboriginal Australian life including, local laws, tools, music, song and dance. The centre always has a number of displays that give you a better understanding of indigenous life and issues, as well as a great shop full of indigenous art and unique items.
Taking a cruise/ferry back to Sydney after your Blue Mountains Tour
If you are keen to get back to Sydney as early and easily as possible, then travelling by vehicle directly to your accommodation is the best option, particularly if you have plans for the evening. However, you have the option of returning to the city via the harbour. Board a Rivercat at Parramatta and enjoy a 45 minute cruise up the historic Parramatta River. This is a great opportunity to see Sydney from the water as you cruise back to Darling Harbour or Circular Quay. This is a good option for tourists who have accommodation close by.
How the weather can affect your Blue Mountains Tour
The weather can have an impact on any visit to the Blue Mountains. Generally the weather is great but being a mountain environment, the weather can change quickly and be hard to predict. Most guides who work in the area will tell you that they find the best time to see the area is when you have some clouds in the valley which add to the experience.